Environmental remediation is First Environment’s specialty. We’ve been performing site investigations, remedial design, and associated services since the firm’s early days beginning in 1987. As a result, we’ve earned a reputation for solving and mediating complex environmental challenges facing Fortune 500 corporations, federal and state agencies, and local clients. With three in-house New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs) and various state-licensed Professional Engineers (PEs), Professional Geologists (PGs), Certified Ground Water Professionals (CGWPs), and PhD-level scientists, our staff possesses expert knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting environmental engineering and design. Our personnel have incorporated these requirements into hundreds of remedial projects over the past two decades, including multi-million dollar contracts spanning more than a decade. Our work experience ranges from simple Preliminary Assessments (for industrial, commercial, manufacturing, and residential properties), to complex groundwater remedial actions, Brownfields redevelopments, and National Priorities List clean-ups across the country.
First Environment has firmly-established competencies in all areas of site investigation and remediation, ensuring a project approach that takes into consideration client goals, future uses of the site, timing issues, risk management, and cost requirements. We have experience implementing innovative technologies and approaches with the potential to shorten remedial timeframes, be less intrusive and disruptive to normal site activities, and reduce overall project costs. In addition, in cases of property sales, regulatory issues, or potential responsible party determinations, First Environment’s litigation and regulatory experts work collaboratively with our remediation team to provide a complementary suite of expert witness, regulatory compliance, and due diligence support as our clients require.
- Streambank Remediation and Soil and Groundwater Containment at Wilsey Bennett, Inc.
- Soil, Groundwater, and Surface Water Remediation at Isolatek/U.S. Minerals Site
- Site Remediation of UST for Former Buck Trust Property
- Site Investigation for Former Vicellon Plant
- Site Investigation and Remediation for Dri Print Manufacturing Site
- Site Investigation and Remediation at Former Tube Manufacturing Site
- Anniston Army Depot Open Burn/Open Detonation Semi-Annual Groundwater Sampling
- Veterans Field Remediation
- Remedial Investigation and Design for Former Short Hills Texaco
- Remedial Investigation Activities for Residential Properties
- Remedial Actions to Address Underground Storage Tank Sites
- Preliminary Assessment and Remedial Action at the Former Garden State Paper Site
- PCE Remediation for Sequa Corporation Chemical Plant
- PCB and VOC Remediation at Former Witco-Brainards/Chemtura Facility
- PCB and VOC Remediation at Former Potter Company NPL Site
- Brownfields Remedial Investigation for Provan Ford
- Brownfields Redevelopment for Jonas Automotive
- Brownfield Redevelopment at Former Walter Kidde Site