Last week’s Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting in Washington, DC attracted more than 12,000 transportation professionals from across the globe. Our staff had the opportunity to attend several sessions pertaining to climate change, sustainability, energy and alternative fuels, environmental law, research conservation, and more. The event was an excellent forum to network and collaborate with others in the industry who share the same concerns, challenges, and goals that we do in helping transportation agencies of all sizes face today’s environmental impacts, including those posed by climate change.
Notably, our own Tod Delaney shared the impact that climate discussions at the COP21 meetings in Paris will have on the transportation industry at the Aviation Climate Change Subcommittee AV030(2) meeting. A copy of the full presentation is attached here and includes the following key subjects:
- Overview of COP21 and the Paris Agreement
- Aviation industry participation in climate discussion and 2016 goals
- Financing opportunities to support the 1.5°C goal, including green bonds
- Overview of green bonds and how transportation agencies are already benefiting
- Progress of standards development for climate change mitigation and adaptation
First Environment Point of Contact: