In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and national emergency, First Environment is implementing strategies to help contain the outbreak while maintaining services to our clients. The health and safety of our employees and their families – as well as all we come in contact with in the course of our work – remains our top priority. Considering recent events, we are taking the following steps to minimize the potential spread of the virus.
- Educate employees about the virus and measures to reduce exposure (such as social distancing, hand washing, etc.), including providing access to guidance from the CDC
- Institute work from home arrangements whenever possible for staff in all of our offices – this means the best way to get in touch with us is through email or cell phone; for general inquiries, please contact email@example.com
- Limit all non-essential business travel, meetings, and events
- Limit in-person meetings whenever possible, opting instead for teleconferencing and video calls
- Postpone on-site work taking place inside populated buildings
- Provide access to sanitizers and other cleaning products throughout our offices and for all field staff
- Increase the frequency of sanitizing common work areas
- Maintain consistent communication with all employees regarding work activities and their state of health
Despite the current challenges we remain committed to providing the same level of support and responsiveness our clients have come to expect. We also take seriously our responsibility in risk reduction and are dedicated to the ongoing well-being of the communities we serve.