Marketing Communications Specialist
First Environment, Inc.—an environmental consulting services company that provides strategic environmental and engineering services throughout the U.S.—is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist for our Butler, NJ office.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Marketing Manager and be responsible for content development and digital marketing (approximately 40%), proposal management (approximately 40%), and other marketing support assignments (approximately 20%).
Content marketing tasks:
- Develop compelling content for social media accounts and company blog
- Work with technical staff to prepare well-organized presentation materials for conferences and client presentations
- Develop marketing collateral for various service areas using Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, etc.), including infographics, brochures, technical illustrations, videos, etc.
- Lead updates of master resumes, project descriptions, and other qualifications material for use in proposals
- Work with technical staff to identify newsworthy content, obtain client approvals, and draft public relations pieces
- Support updates to website content, as needed
- Develop targeted digital advertising to support lead development
- Pitch and carry out creative ideas for marketing the company’s services
- Manage capture process and proposal pursuits from start to finish, coordinating kick-off meetings, review sessions, schedules, teaming arrangements, and final submittal
- Lead discussions about team discriminators and pursuit strategy
- Work closely with technical staff in developing proposal sections, including costing and scopes of work
- Write and tailor cover letters, resumes, project descriptions, and other qualifications material so that it directly relates to each opportunity
- Adhere to strict content, formatting, and schedule requirements in Requests for Proposals to ensure compliant submissions
- Format final materials in InDesign, including proposal graphics such as covers, dividers, organization charts, etc.
- Manage competing proposal deadlines
- Cultivate understanding of firm’s varied service areas, clientele, and positioning
Marketing support tasks:
- Conduct research on specific markets, agencies, and project opportunities
- Update contact management, public relations, and other relevant databases
- Provide support for planning and coordinating special events, as needed
- Other marketing tasks, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of experience recommended (without a degree, eight to ten years of relevant A/E/C experience required)
- Understanding of basic marketing and communications principles
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Graphic design training and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, including InDesign and Photoshop (required), as well as Premier Pro and Illustrator (optional)
- Ability to translate technical information for a layperson audience
- Understanding of digital marketing tools and analytics
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize and manage short- and long-term assignments
- Detail-oriented when it comes to proofreading and formatting
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures (environmental engineering/consulting industry experience a plus)
- Experience filming and editing video content
Required with Application:
- Cover letter demonstrating how your education and experience fulfills the job requirements*
- Salary requirements
- 2-3 work samples or link to online portfolio
*Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) Savings & Retirement; and full participation in a pay for performance bonus program.
First Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.
Please send your resume by mail or email to:
First Environment, Inc.
Attn: Human Resource Manager
10 Park Place
Building 1A – Suite 504 Butler, NJ 07405
Email: [email protected]