This position is based in Boonton, NJ and provides internal multi-disciplined project management support, supports proposal preparation coordination and project capture management, geotechnical analysis & design, and geotechnical support on projects related to civil works projects and ground improvements. Project work will likely focus on restoration and flood mitigation. Position may require project-specific travel throughout the United States.
- Support and coordinate company business development efforts by responding to RFPs, teaming invitations, and attending external meetings with clients
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work activities amongst peers and subcontractors to execute multi-disciplined projects throughout NJ and NY
- Execute detailed phases of geotechnical & geophysical investigations, testing programs, instrumentation programs, and other technical work
- Prepare geological, foundation, and materials evaluation reports for proposed structures and improvements
- Provide quality control review of technical work and deliverables
- Assist in preparing project proposals
- Interface with client PMs, government regulators, other consultants & contractors, and other stakeholders
- Plan and coordinate geotechnical & geophysical investigations and work plans, instrumentation programs, and in-situ & laboratory testing programs
- Characterize material properties for analyses and design by recommending types and number of geotechnical laboratory tests such as grain size, organic content, Atterberg Limits, and regular and slurry consolidation tests
- Originate geotechnical analyses and designs for levees, use of sediment foundations, ground improvement programs
- Prepare design documentation reports and calculation briefs
- Support the preparation of construction document packages (drawings, specifications, CQA/CQC manuals)
Education & Experience
Degree in civil engineering from a U.S. college or university with an ABET-accredited civil/geotechnical engineering program is required. At least seven (7) years of relevant engineering experience is required. Candidates should have experience in successfully executing projects from inception, into planning & scheduling, through design, and to completion of deliverables, and providing strong technical direction/support for geotechnical aspects of projects. Specialization in geotechnical engineering is required. Exposure to heavy civil construction is a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities
Candidates must be self-motivated; have broad engineering experience; strong organizational, writing and communication skills; excellent self-management and interpersonal skills; and possess specialized knowledge to successfully perform and manage geotechnical duties.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); education reimbursement; and full participation in a pay for performance incentive program.
First Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Please send your resumé by mail or e-mail to:
First Environment, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
10 Park Place
Building 1A, Suite 504
Butler, NJ 07405
Email: [email protected]