Environmental Specialist: Greenhouse Gas Management
First Environment, a nationally recognized, multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm, is seeking a Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management Professional to contribute to the continued growth and development of its GHG management consulting and verification practice. Top-notch environmental professionals who meet the following specifications are encouraged to apply:
Initial responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting with the verification of GHG inventories and emission reduction projects
- Assisting with development of GHG inventories, GHG emission reduction projects, and other GHG management systems, tools, and products
- Collecting, managing, and analyzing quantitative information
- Identifying and evaluating GHG management best practices
- Conducting independent policy and technical research on a variety of climate change, GHG management, and other general environmental issues
- Preparing deliverables and presenting findings to clients and other relevant stakeholders
Qualified candidates must possess the following credentials:
- Graduate degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science/Policy, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Economics, or a similar field
- A minimum of two to three years of work experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong quantitative/technical/analytical abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a proactive personality and a high degree of self motivation
- Experience and knowledge of industrial operations and processes
- Knowledge of GHG reporting protocols (Climate Action Reserve, Verified Carbon Standard/Verra, California Air Resources Board)
- Knowledge of GHG policy frameworks (UNFCCC, federal, state, and especially California’s AB32) and GHG accounting best practices
- Experience and knowledge of air quality concepts and emission quantification methodologies
- Understanding of energy and electricity generation concepts
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) Savings & Retirement; and full participation in a pay for performance bonus program.
First Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.
Please send your resume by mail or email to:
First Environment, Inc.
Attn: Human Resource Manager
10 Park Place
Building 1A – Suite 504 Butler, NJ 07405
Email: [email protected]