First Environment has a long history providing award-winning environmental management system (EMS) consulting services which are grounded in sound management principles and promote client-specific solutions; our goal is to create an easily maintained system which reflects your specific organizational structure, workforce, culture, operations, and technological capabilities. We often innovate ways to use our clients’ existing programs and tools as a foundation for a well-integrated EMS. First Environment is also a leader in developing management systems which integrate sustainable practices, providing solutions to issues such as climate change adaptation and resilience. Our unique solutions are tailored to a specific organization’s needs and budgets and are easily implementable, with on-site training programs being a hallmark of our success.
Our EMS experts have experience implementing a variety of management system solutions, including integrated quality, environmental, health, and safety management systems (QEHSMS); enterprise-wide EMSs for global corporations; and systems best suited for local governments and federal agencies. We support systems in all types of settings and industries, including transportation operations, chemical plants, electronics manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, food manufacturers, refineries, wastewater treatment plants and collection systems, recycling and solid waste operations, and federal facilities (including prisons and hospitals).
- Transit Climate Change Adaptation Program with Environmental Management System Integration
- ACRP Synthesis 44 – Airport Environmental Management System Development Process
- Sustainability and Environmental Management System Services
- Development of Integrated Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System Standard and Implementation Guide for the Scrap Recycling Industry
- Development of Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System
- VA Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permitting and Spill Prevention Program Technical Support
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Re-Design
- Westchester County ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Development and Implementation
- Airport Environmental Management System Design and Implementation
- New Jersey Municipal Environmental Risk Management Fund
- Responsible Recycler (R2) Standard Development