First Environment provides niche environmental services to transportation agencies across the country representing diverse modes, including airports, bus, rail, and ports. For these clients we provide cutting-edge and strategic services including climate adaptation and resiliency planning, greenhouse gas management, environmental management system design and implementation, and stormwater pollution prevention and permitting. We specialize in taking a streamlined approach to incorporate sustainability initiatives into existing systems, so that they align with operational processes; available resources; and an organization’s structure, goals, and culture. Our staff is also active in industry dialogue, participating in and speaking at events for American Public Transportation Association, Transportation Research Board, and the Federal Transit Administration.
- Transit Climate Change Adaptation Program with Environmental Management System Integration
- ACRP Synthesis – Outcomes of Green Initiatives: Large Airport Experience
- ACRP Synthesis 44 – Airport Environmental Management System Development Process
- Airport Environmental Management System Design and Implementation
- RFS2 Engineering Review Report for Lanchester Landfill, SEPTA Electric Trolleys
- Resilience of NJ Transit Infrastructure to Climate Change