First Environment works with municipalities, counties, and local authorities to improve regulatory compliance, conduct remedial investigations and designs, implement and improve environmental management systems, increase energy independence, and reduce environmental impacts (such as greenhouse gas emissions, solid waste, and water pollution). In our role as environmental engineer and advisor to the New Jersey Environmental Joint Insurance Fund (E-JIF), we serve more than 110 municipalities and 73 utility authorities across the state of New Jersey. Our staff possesses expert knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting environmental engineering and design, and has incorporated these requirements into hundreds of technical projects over the past two decades. By encouraging and facilitating the implementation of resource recovery strategies such as food waste management; fats, oils, and grease (FOG) programs; composting; and cogeneration facilities with anaerobic digestion for renewable energy production, our personnel have helped municipalities realize significant cost savings.
- Water Supply Infrastructure Assessment and Compliance Reviews
- Sustainability Solutions for the City of Bridgeport
- RINs Verification Engineering Review Report for City of Riverview
- Veterans Field Remediation
- New Jersey Municipal Environmental Risk Management Fund
- Environmental Compliance Audits of Bureau Water Pollution Control Plants and Combined Sewer Overflow Facilities
- Oklahoma City Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy