First Environment’s expertise in forensic environmental investigations, our in-depth knowledge of process operations, and more than 28 years of environmental engineering and regulatory experience help us provide case-winning legal support to law firms. Our litigation support team helps lawyers develop a working knowledge of complex scientific, technical, and regulatory issues. Our staff has the ability to quickly review and assimilate big data, identify gaps with regard to legal strategy, develop approaches to fill those gaps, and critically evaluate issues. We help attorneys structure and organize technical conclusions so that they appropriately support the legal approach and can be clearly understood by the trier-of-fact. At trial, we make challenging subjects come to life so that the trier-of-fact understands the testimony. We simplify background data as much as possible and render technical jargon, acronyms, and difficult concepts understandable. We support our testimony using demonstrative exhibits like video presentations, models, diagrams, multi-layered cross-sectional maps, aerial photographs, and 3-D demonstrations.
In addition to litigation support, First Environment also provides a range of environmental risk management services. We work with legal counsel to design and conduct environmental assessments to meet due diligence objectives and promote and understanding of potential environmental liabilities to effectively manage risk.
- Pre-Litigation Support for Orphan Uranium Mine Contamination
- PCB and Metals Remediation for Brownfields Redevelopment at ASARCO Smelting and Refining Facility
- Litigation Support for Contaminated Soil and Groundwater at Sperry Gyroscope Company
- Insurance Coverage Subrogation Litigation for AIG
- Historic Environmental Due Diligence Litigation Support for Former Diamond Shamrock Site
- Expert Witness Services involving TCE Contamination in Groundwater
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support Services for U.S. Home Corporation
- Expert Witness Services involving Historic Fill for New Jersey Schools Development Authority
- Expert Witness Services for Redlands/Beaumont CERCLA Litigation
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support Services at Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
- Burbank Airport Operations Review