First Environment is now certified under the Empire State’s Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Act, signed into law by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo in 2014.
Our new designation allows us to play a greater role in the state’s economy by increasing our participation in New York State’s contracting opportunities. The New York State Office of General Services (OGS) Division of Service-Disabled Veterans’ Business Development is responsible for assisting and promoting SDVOB participation in the state’s procurement activities. Learn more about the program on OGS’s website.
What does this mean for your business?
The Act has a precedent setting goal of giving 6% of New York State contracts to Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (SDVOB), such as First Environment. Entities that are not SDVOB who hold or are pursuing New York State contracts are encouraged, if not required, to show at least 6% participation in their contracts by an SDVOB certified by OGS. First Environment can help satisfy this requirement by bringing its SDVOB designation to the contract team in support of environmental consulting services.
What types of disciplines can First Environment support under your contracts?
First Environment provides environmental consulting services under the categories identified below.
NY State Contract Reporter Categories
- Safety and Security
- 541620 – Environmental Consulting Services
- 562910 – Remediation Services
- 541330 – Engineering Services
- 541199 – All Other Legal Services
- 541990 – All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- 541690 – Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
What agencies have we supported?
First Environment has been providing services in New York State and the New York metro region for nearly three decades, and in the past ten years has completed more than 400 technical assignments in the state. We have an office in the heart of Manhattan at 79 Madison Avenue, and our headquarters office in Boonton, New Jersey is a short train ride away.
First Environment has provided environmental consulting support for the following New York agencies:
- New York Power Authority
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- Department of Sanitation of New York
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
- VA New York Harbor Healthcare System
- City of New York
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
The firm has also completed projects for the following municipal and public agencies:
- City of Newburgh
- Westchester County Department of Environmental Facilities
- Westchester County Airport
- Town of New Windsor
- Fulton County Department of Solid Waste
- Town of Islip
- Development Authority of the North Country
- Sullivan County Industrial Development Agency
For more examples of our work experience in New York State, view our Statement of Qualifications.
For more information or to engage First Environment as an SDVOB, please contact Kristy Cerullo at firstname.lastname@example.org.