Chemical / Process Engineer – Renewable Fuels
Minimum 2 Years Experience
First Environment is seeking a chemical engineer to contribute to the continued growth and development of its renewable fuels consulting and verification practice. Initial responsibilities for this position include:
• Assisting with the review and on-site inspection of renewable fuel production facilities
• Assisting with designing and performing quality assurance services for renewable fuel producers
• Collecting, managing and analyzing quantitative information
• Preparing deliverables and presenting reports and findings to clients and other relevant stakeholders
• Conducting independent policy and technical research on a variety of renewable fuel, climate change, greenhouse gas (GHG) management and other general environmental issues
• Assisting with the verification of GHG inventory and reduction project statements
• Assisting with development of GHG inventories, GHG emission reduction projects, and other GHG management systems, tools, and products
• Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering
• Professional Engineer Qualification is required
• A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience
• Experience and knowledge of chemical/industrial operations and processes
• Strong quantitative/technical/analytical abilities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail, and commitment to quality
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Team player with a proactive personality and a high degree of self-motivation
• Knowledge of federal and regional renewable fuels or low carbon fuel standards and regulations
• Understanding of biogas generation and renewable fuels production
• Candidates with existing approval/certifications for greenhouse gas reporting protocols (California Air Resources Board Compliance Offset program, Climate Action Reserve (particularly ozone depleting substances project types), Voluntary Carbon Standard, The Climate Registry)
• Experience and knowledge of air quality concepts and emission quantification methodologies
• Knowledge of auditing processes
• Understanding of energy and electricity generation concepts
• Understanding of solid waste operations and waste disposal practices
• Experience and availability for frequent travel to conduct facility inspections and auditing
About First Environment
First Environment is an environmental engineering and consulting firm headquartered in New Jersey that has been providing cutting edge environmental solutions since 1987. Under the leadership of Tod Delaney – a retired U.S. Army Veteran – the firm has earned a reputation for solving and mediating complex environmental challenges facing federal and municipal agencies, public entities, and private organizations. For more than 28 years, First Environment has supported the continued improvement of environmental performance and management of our clients through our various service areas, including regulatory compliance support and auditing, management system design, site investigation and remediation, litigation support, broad-scale sustainability and climate change adaptation planning, greenhouse gas management, and alternative fuel evaluation.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); educational reimbursement; and full participation in a pay-for- performance incentive program.
First Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
First Environment, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
91 Fulton Street
Boonton, NJ 07005
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.